Sunday, October 19, 2008

The MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! part 2



I didn't sleep much that night. I even called to see if I could tow the darn thing home, WAY too much money!
When we got back to the truck stop the Monster was still there. She fired right up though!!! We decided to take back roads home to limit the attention. ( This thing was not suppose to be on the road, yikes!!) About 2 miles away from home I heard a terrible sound and smelt something like rubber. A big pop followed and I thought I blew a tire. I checked the mirror and seen my bumper bouncing toward my dad's car. It missed. I pulled over but noticed the gas tank showing empty. I was so close yet so far away. Dad called me and told me to keep going.
I pulled into the driveway like a king. We made it!!
We pulled the cover off the engine to give her another check and I noticed the air cleaner pan with some disturbing numbers.. 413 265 horsepower. I started to panic. Please tell me this is wrong. We went underneath to read the block, but the starter was in the way.
The next couple weeks were dedicated to getting that thing scrapped. All the time not knowing if someone hoodwinked us on the engine.

No comments: