Sunday, March 27, 2011

Whew.. 69 Grill Paint Done


















































































Flashback to yesterday...








And now today.










Ok, first off painter's tape STINKS!!! Getting the tape to stick was the hardest part. It wasn't very hard to get this grill a new coat of paint. However, it took some time. Be ready on this part, cause unforeseen circumstances pop up quicker than a stiffy on prom night...

I was applying two coats of everything throughout the day. It isn't perfect, or show quality for the experienced guys, but it is so awesome to have it done (besides the chrome). I'm in love with this thing. I mean I did basically took a shower with it. It has given me an emotional boost to get rolling even more on the car. As soon as the sun warms the air a bit more my dad and I can really start replacing metal. On the bonus side, the car doesn't really smell like smoke anymore.

(The R/T emblem is just temporary. I can't find my new arrow emblem. Can't remember if it was in the garage and burnt up in the fire..)

1 comment:

renegade said...

You've done a great job with the grill, especially since this is your first time you've done this.

i can't wait too see it back on the car where it belongs..

keep on the good work,

greetings from holland,

Libert