Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Sleeping Beast


Every day that I pass through the garage I think about the moment I start'er up for the first time. The long hours that were put in, the money it took, and the patience. All of the stress and receipts we'll look back on will not matter when she comes rolling out of the garage growling. Right now I'm still in the thick of things. She lays dormant for the time being while I build a money fund. For those who don't know about 90% of the funds that I have been working with to build Rusty have come from selling merchandise on eBay. I'm selling my autograph collection among other small things to buy what I need for this car. So my patience isn't just with the time working on the car, but also making the money to do it. I don't want to deplete the savings and create stress between my wife and I about money. This is a project that was thought out first before we bought it. I'm not on a time table but its hard passing Rusty and not being able to drive it. That day will come. I'll be ready. But for now I'll continue to be patient as I want this done the right way. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend has been working on his 68 Charger RT for 7 years. It is going to be a triple black Charger with a non original 440 4 speed. He just got it painted last week and has been doing odd jobs to create the money for his restoration.My first Charger was nearly the same situation(without the body work)I spent hours and hours on Ebay seliing of all things fake Oakley's (this is before Ebay clamped down on that stuff-2001)I sold 8 pair of sunglasses a day for a $9.00 profit a pair for 36 days straight beofre Ebay said no, no, no. Needless to say, that paid for lots. Keep going, I follow the site weekly and like the progress. I almost bought anouther Charger last week on Ebay but the negative feedback for cars sold stopped me from bdding anouther $100 that would have won the auction.