Thursday, January 15, 2009

Floor weld



It sure is nice looking into the car and not seeing the ground beneath the car. On the driver side a 3/4 floor panel cost triple digits. If you look at the picture you can see they left me about 6 inches short as well. That extra 6 inhces cost around $90.00. To save a couple pennies my dad fabricated a piece that fit very very nicely. Looks good..
The whole focus today was just getting the floor welded into place. We first put some screw lockers into the floor to hold them into place. This was a real treat as every other screw would slip as we hit the juice, BUT the job got done. After this I began the journey of welding around the perimeter. Hammer, weld, hammer, weld... It took it while but we got the tight fit and puzzle placement we were looking for. I still have to weld under the floor to attach it to the frame, but I was facing time AND frigid temperatures. Next time I'll finish it up.

No comments: