Saturday, June 12, 2010

The headliner again..





I was very very close to just having someone else complete the headliner. It had more waves then the Atlantic Ocean. I was frustrated, disappointed, and accepting failure. I decided to go onto YouTube and see if anyone had examples for me to follow. It actually had a 69 charger getting done, which was very helpful. I remember it saying that the headliner took a professional to get perfect was about 3 hours. This meant it was probably going to take me 3 weeks. Okay, maybe not that long, but still. These pictures is what I started with and then re-stretched two more times over the next week. I applied heat to get the wrinkles out. I am about 90% satisfied with my work. There are a couple wrinkles that are giving me trouble, but I'm working them out. My fingers get very sore after I stretch the liner. I'm happy to say I didn't give up and it looks pretty good.

No comments: