Sunday, April 10, 2011

Crud bucket seats





































Oh the front bucket seats... When I walked up to the side of the garage after the fire the first thing I saw to tell me the extent of the damage was the bucket seats. Gone, all gone. That was the first hard punch in my gut. It sucked.

I knew how hard it was to find these the first time around. Time will still tell on the headrests though.

First I took them apart. The best word for the remaining foam would be "gooooooeeeeyyyy". Then I bead blasted them, sprayed Rust O Mort on them, let them sit over-night, then threw some paint on them. Why white? It's what I had in Rust Stop paint.

Today I used some all-purpose wire to establish the factory wiring over springs. Then came the foam. My son Luke wanted to be the first to test them. Have to wait for the covers. Need to save my pennies to get them!!

No comments: