Sunday, May 22, 2011

Roof Transplant

















































My back hurts... Why? Well this weekend I made it a goal to take Marley's (68 Charger) roof and transplant it over to Rusty (69 Charger). After getting the marks down to cut on the roof, I took the cutting wheel and went to work. First we put some different braces under the roof. The others were dented and really not straight.

Ofcourse it didn't fit exactly right at first. We were hung up on some staples and screws. After a little more grinding and trimming we were set to spot weld. I then spent the next several moments in and around the car welding.

I moved from welding to grinding which is the start of why my back hurts. Awkward positions, leaning over the car all led to the start of aching.

Next I sanded the top and sprayed Rust O Mort on there and let it sit.

No comments: