Monday, August 15, 2011






















In March I believe, I dropped off the hood and trunk lid to get the metal work done by my wife's step father, who is also suppose to paint the car. He is a professional body guy for many many years. He buttered me up the day of the fire saying he was going to help me get the car back together... Long story short on that situation, I had to beg him two different times to just let me come and get the hood and the trunk lid so they would get done. Finally this past week I got them back, with some unexpected surface rust that wasn't there when I dropped them off, but oh well I was just glad I had them back. It took me 1 1/2 hrs to get the metal work done ( welding, cutting, etc..). They are back on the car where they belong. I'm disappointed, frustrated, and hurt by the lack of help that was promised by some people around me. I'm fine with doing the work myself, but don't say one thing and, well, you get the picture. It's funny how people always say after a tragic accident "let me know how I can help, or I will help you in any way" and then they are no where to be found. I'm not looking for pity. You are only as good as your word.

No comments: