Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Collateral Damage…

Two other things that burned me this weekend aside from that bad patch piece was the fact that I destroyed my pullover jacket. You see I got in the welding mode and didn’t care to put on the protective jacket my dad has and that I wore many times while welding just feet away. I was welding in the vinyl top holes on the sail panel leaning on the car when I experienced a nasty burning smell. I stopped and looked around on the floor, then to my dad, and finally down my chest to see a decent flame climbing towards my face. I quickly snuffed it out but not before my jacket paid the price for my stupidity. Later as I was finishing the weld on the trunk lid my dad wanted to take the lid off so I could sandblast it. Well he started to loosen the bolts and I didn’t want the lid to simply slide down and cause a problem so I placed my hand on the corner, which is where I just finished welding. Needless to say I branded myself. After this experience I can’t see how people choose to brand things into their body. I now have a small line to remind me of the day I wasn’t thinking, TWICE!!!!!!!






No comments: