Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Out of Major Surgery…

This weekend was a nice boost to this long process of bringing a muscle car back from the dead. The passenger side fender was welded on and straightened to match the body lines. It wasn’t as difficult as I once thought it would be. I’m sure glad I wanted to learn to weld or this would probably not have been done so quickly with calendar conflicts. We had to also make a couple small metal patches to go under the wheelhouse to have some metal to weld it to. Then we hand sanded the replacement piece so we could primer it gray so in the end the paint wouldn’t appear darker with the black. I'm glad to have this piece on there finally. We would have actually had the other side done too but I had to send the patch pieces back to Sherman Parts because they bent the piece wrong and the body line was off by a full two inches. This is the second piece I got from there that was bent wrong. Anyway I experienced the frustration of having a nice day and the time to complete the ¼ panel with the wrong piece to put on the car. Just something I’ll have to wait for again.






No comments: