Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dutchman Panel Prt2






Eat my dust, or should I say eat some blasted sand!!!!!!!! After sitting in the truck and blasting the rust away from Rusty, I thought for a moment how much of this crap is actually hitting me in the face. It has been 3 days and I'm still blowing black crap out of my nose!! Anyway, it has to be done right? Once the Rust Mort was dry, I applied two layers of primer and two layers of regular paint to seal the metal for a while. No one will ever see the pan, but I will feel better about the fact that it is protected for a while. Today we spent most of the time making all the pieces fit together properly and smooth between the lines. I cut away the panels and welded in the new structure for the window. I also finished welding some spots I didn't get to last summer. We are now ready to get these window panels and the dutchman panel welded in there, but that will have to come next time. There just doesn't seem to be enough time when you are working on something like this.

No comments: