Monday, May 5, 2008

Dutchman Panel...




This past weekend was very satisfying. The back window tunnel panels and the dutchman panel are now in place. We made sure to check the window fit before actually welding anything down. Well we tacked it in place, then welded it. The lines line up. The only problem was that on the drivers side the window panel is slightly lower because of the way it was cut. I had to crawl under in the trunk and weld the space to fill the gap. This will be all leveled once we use the body filler.

It took hours to complete the task; from hammering, to measuring, to cutting, to welding, to grinding, to sitting back and looking at the finished product. Even with the Frankenstein stitches Rusty looks much much healthier. I feel better about the foundation of the window now that these pieces are locked in. I only have a couple burns to show for the welding and grinding. I can still hear the grinder scream in my ears!!!! (I know, wear the headphones...)

No comments: