Sunday, May 18, 2008

Gas tank drops...





Though it was nice to see the tail panel in place, we still have much more fun to go. We jacked her up and removed the gas tank. Once the gas tank was dropped we could actually see the how bad the floor has been eaten away. It was more holy than the Pope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I crawled under the car to spray the frame rails and assess the damage underneath, I could see we have a lot of work to make sure the car has a solid frame throughout. There were a couple holes in the frame that are repairable. We'll get to that later. Once I sprayed underneath I applied the Rust Mort to stop the rust in its tracks.

The old gas tank is now waiting in a pile with the rest of the car to get dumped or rather SOLD to the metal yards. My cousin is taking it all away for profit. Farewell!!

No comments: