Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Inferior tools to Clean With.. Marley Parts







Another frustrating piece to this journey is we lost many of the great tools to help us along the way. I found this out quickly when it became time to blast and strip the paint down to bare metal... AGAIN. The air tank that I'm working with now is not up to par with what my dad had. This all equals out to a longer process, which stinks. I lost the big grinder as well, and I don't want to wait for all the replacements, which could be months, to get started.

The hood had mostly surface rust with a couple small rot holes that would be next to the cowl. Not a big deal, we can fix that. The trunk lid had the common pin holes near the end, and it was clear that the former body man just applied a small amount of filler there. We can work with that and fix that as well. The plan is to get these cleaned, metal prepped, with small etching primer and take it down to the shop for the good primer.

No comments: