Saturday, January 22, 2011

A long day of frustration






Dirty, filthy, frustrated, tired, and I'll just mention frustrated again for the sake of it. I usually don't mind doing all the work for the car. I enjoyed it when I first started four years ago, but today I hit "the wall". I didn't stop working though. I didn't quite get as far as I wanted to either. I started by finishing the trunk lid. Then I moved to the top of the hood. I metal prepped those and threw primer on there for now. Both pieces will need a little work to make smooth. There are little pin holes around the ends, but I expected that. It was a wind chill of -10 out during the day, and yes I was sanding outside. I told my grandma, which is kind enough to let the Charger stay indoors, that I wouldn't get the garage filthy with the sanding.

After the hood and trunk were done, I moved to the inside of the car. I let the wet vac do most of the work there. The frustrating part here came with the gas pedal and driver seat. One bolt on the driver's seat was stripped and I had to cut it off, which took longer than it should. The exhaust was in the way. The gas pedal bolts had to be removed so I could get the rest of the carpet out. Bolts to that were hidden behind the exhaust as well.

Dash- I really had to work to get that dash cluster out of the car. Wires were everywhere, and if there were any plastic around it melted around them into clumps. I was pulling and cursing all the way through. It's just frustrating seeing the car this way.

2 comments:

bobby mccuean said...

Stay strong Tony. you'll be back to where you were sooner then you think!!! let me know stuff that your looking for i'll help with searching ebay and we have some big parts-o-ramas out here in the fall,i go almost every year.

bobby mccuean said...

also go with tan interior this time! ;) it would be awesome.....er